View Single Post
Old 09-11-10, 12:06 AM
Deanster04

Bikes: Cinelli Supercoursa 69, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Mondonico Diamond Extra 05, Coors Light Greg Lemond (built by Scapin) 88, Scapin MTB, Stumpjumper 83, Specialized Stumpjumper M4, Lemond Poprad 2001

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I would check out getting a T/A Specialities crank with the appropriate chain rings. You wouldn't even have to change out the BB if you are using a square taper crank. I would stick with the 8 speed setup. Do you have DT or Ergo shifters? If you need them rebuilt check with Vecchios in Boulder CO. They sell T/A crank sets as will and are probably the most knowledgeable people regarding campy and what is possible. I have several bikes with 10spd and still often ride my old Greg Lemond Coors Light bike with the 8spd setup...works just fine. I have a set of old Mirage ergo 8 spd shifters which work perfectly after all these years. Keep the 8 as is and go with a new crankset and possibly a compact FD. If you don't need the top end then get a 48 large chain ring with the T/A cranks to stay within the shift limit of the campy FD. Peter at Vecchios would know what will work