Old 09-11-10, 02:48 PM
jeffnurse

Bikes: Ron Cooper Road Bike, Merida/Carerra Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Member -Greetings From Kent, England

Came across Bike Forums tonight and thought I should sign up and join the community.For the past 33 years I have been involved with cycling - although at some times more than others.

As a 15 year old I built my first bike up from a frame I found, and discovered the joy of cycling properly. I soon managed to persuade my Dad to let me build a new bike around his old Lerco Guerra frame -I believe from the late 50's, and as ridden by Charlie Gaul.

I joined the Dulwich Paragon Cycling Club in South London and began racing as a 16 year old at Crystal Palace, and in various road time trials, before joining the Velo Club Londres, a club more focused on performance racing, doing around 400 miles a week at the peak. I had Ron Cooper build me a great frame, and equipped it with Campag Record and Super Record parts. Unfortunately, I stopped competing 3 years later following a lay-off for a small injury. I never got back into road racing or time trialling.

I used my road bike on and off for the next 20 years for ad-hoc rides, and it still hangs in the garage, but for the past 15+years I found myself joining the ranks of MTB riders and thoroughly enjoy my rides in the woods of North Kent every weekend.