Old 05-09-05, 03:01 PM
EnLaCalle
Radio Bemba 00.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey -

What are you guys using in the way of clipless pedals? (both for the drome and the street). I've been using clips for my street/city riding, but I think I'm ready to make the transition over to clipless. My question is, what type of clipless peds - in your OPINIONS - are the most ideal for riding fixed. I'm sort of leaning toward getting road shoes, and either egg-beaters or speedplays. I think personally, I'd like a decent amount of float, but as I've never ridden clipless before, I'm not sure. I have no experience in this matter so I defer to yall. Also, I plan on starting to take beginner classes at the velodrome and I was wondering what's most common there. ( I assume clips, but i've never been, so I don't know). any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

PS - BTW, Bucky at Fixed Mag who posted about the Kissena classic and the beginner's classes wanted me to pass along the answer to my question for him, for those interested, which is: Yes, you do have to remove your brake(s) (if you're running one) for class.