Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by AdelaaR
1500 km a month!!
Damn ... your nickname "sixty fiver" may sound pretty old, but 1500km a month is what I do in a year!
That's 50km a day on average ... nice
I will be 45 in a month... you can probably figure out where the 65 comes from but lots of people think it's my age.

When I was training to race I posted yearly mileages of 12 and 16k and then got sidelined by injury and have been working my way back up to a reasonable level of conditioning.

A few years ago I had to start by doing slow laps around the block (on the sidewalk) and worked my way up to doing 30 km a day but could not complete a century ride without a lot of pain during and after.

This year has been good as I seem to have figured out how to ride longer and faster despite spending a lot of my time spinning along with only one leg... this is why I spin like a gerbil on crack as keeping my cadence high is less stressful on my good leg and I gear down instead of standing up as I used to.

Have amazed myself at how far I have ridden this year but need to be in the best shape possible before winter hits as although I will still ride, I will ride less and my mobility will be hampered by snow / ice.

I have another century ride planned for October... committed to doing one a month.