Old 09-29-10, 03:03 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been through a bunch of different pedal styles... Speedplay (including Frogs), Dura Ace, Look, Crank Bros., etc. I have finally settled on Time pedals - ZControl for the mountain bike and Alium for the road bike. Both are actually MTB style pedals. The ZControl however has a very large platform, the Alium is much smaller. My goal was to have the same cleat system for both bikes (so I don't forget how to use them).

I settled on the Aliums for the road bike because of foot problems. For years I suffered from "hot foot" or a neroma on my left foot. The Speedplay pedals caused the original injury and the Dura Ace and Look pedals, although better, didn't help. I realize I need a pedal with a platform, however small. The cleat is easy to engage and disengage. The pedals wear well and I can use a MTB style shoes (thank goodness no more Speedplay horse cleats!!!). Plus the pedal/cleats are resonable priced.

Just my 2 cents...

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.