View Single Post
Old 10-04-10, 02:10 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Huffies - As a former Huffy owner I'd advise not letting anyone downplay them. In fact before I bought a new bike I'd take the old ones to a good shop (One that is focused on you and not on your bike and that doesn't diss your ride) and let them do a thorough repair and adjustment on them. For the use you describe that may very well be enough for you for now. Our old Huffies are now in the hands of someone who is doing exactly what you describe.

Later, when you have figured out exactly what you want to do with your bikes and have done some extensive shopping , upgrade your ride. There are literally hundreds of different brands of bikes. Some are well known, some are not. All are "the best" for someone.

If I am reading your posts correctly you are mainly making a mental shift in how you look at the bike and its' uses. The next step is to match that to the almost infinite variety of options available. That make take some time and some miles. You'll know when that has happened. Then you can part with your cash.