Old 10-06-10, 06:38 AM
Lamabb
Doesn't ride enough

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Caad9 5 / 2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker/ 2013 Orbea Orca Bli2 / 2011 Specialized Rock Hopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HA! I'm just happy becuase this route is one of the routes I use to commute to college, except I stop in Poughkeepsie, infact, you're going to pass right by my house.

The route is pretty rolling hill-ish. Once you get off 301 and onto dean road / hosner mountain, you can expect some bigger rolling hills, but the momentum from the last hill helps you up the next, so it's nothing serious (6-10%). Then it's pretty much downward rolling hills untill route 52. 376 into poughkeepsie is a beautiful road! It gets some decent traffic, but nothing major, maybe a group of cars every minute in the middle of a weekend.

As you ride 376 into poughkeepsie, you're going to get a little confused as to where to follow 376 and how to connect to bicycle route 9. I think it goes without saying to say that as soon as you approach and pass poughkeepsie, you can expect some heavy traffic.

Route 9 right after and in poughkeepsie should be avoided AT ALL COSTS. It's pretty much a highway with little or no shoulder You could avoid going into poughkeepsie completely and shoot straight up before heading towards the river, or you could follow bicycle route 9 around poughkeepsie which is what I do. They have green signs for it you should see.

I hear route 9 after poughkeepsie is nice but I've never ridden it further north. What day do you plan to do this ride? care for some company? becuase it looks like a lot of fun, especially with someone else.

Last edited by Lamabb; 10-06-10 at 06:38 AM. Reason: formatting