Old 05-13-05, 10:16 AM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
... and so the wait is finally over!!!!!

tomorrow we fly to Denver and i have 5 WEEKS for mountain biking in Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico!!! yes, i said FIVE WEEKS!!!!

rough plan:
May 14 arrive in Denver
May 15-May 30 (2 weeks) --- loop south through Utah, Arizona and maybe New Mexico with definite stops in Moab, Flagstaff, Sedona, Tucson, Durango and maybe northern New Mexico, Phoenix, Fruita...
May 31-June 4 - 1 week Boulder -- "family" week but still lots of riding in the Boulder area
June 5-June 17 -- 2 weeks northern loop - definitely Fruita, Crested Butte, maybe Fort Collins, Moab (again)... various sky areas
June 18 fly back to Munich

anyhow, if anyone is local and interested in hooking up to show me a few trails, or if anyone else will be in the areas... i'll be attempting to check in here every so often...

oh yeah, i'll be doing a little of everything from technical XC to Freeride to a little downhill -- taking my 37lb Kona Coiler and i'm not opposed to riding uphill... we're renting a minivan so will have wheels and mostly camping...

it would be sweet to hook up with some BikeForum riders...

-nathan