Old 10-11-10, 07:41 AM
Deltarootoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sayre,

Thanks for your response. I finally got the hitch together after a second attempt. First time around I thought about using aluminum flat bar, but after assembly I decided that was not going to be strong enough. Crazy thing is I bought 12" mending bar brackets two different times. First time before the aluminum thought popped in my head and second time after I gave up on the aluminum.

Went back to the drawing table and decided that I wanted to drill my own holes in the flat bar, so I went and bought 24" of 3/16" flat bar and utilized "both" frame bosses on the rear of the trike. I also put a metal "sleeve" over the 3/8" bolt that spans the upper bosses for more rigidity.

I would love to post photos, but as of right now due a computer problem I cannot. Following our vacation I will get the computer repaired and then post photos. Will be back end of October.

What happened to your trike on the tour Sayre? We are going to do the Katy Trail in Missouri beginning next week. Will only be doing 170 miles of it. Next year we'll tackle doing it round trip. One way is 225 miles. Get a chance Google it. We will begin in St. Charles, Mo. and end in Boonville, Mo. Friend will be driving truck/trailer over to Boonville to meet us.

Hopefully we will not have any break downs OR flats. :-) Good thing about this trail is that there are many wineries along the way at just about every town. :-) Ya'' havce a good week and I WILL post photos upon my return UNLESS I can squeak some on here vis a different computer.

Jerry