monsterpile
This bike is cat approved

Bikes: To many to list...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tjspiel
Actually, I think the nice thing to do in that case is what Chipcom did. Even if you have the best of intentions offering help in that situation would have likely been interpreted badly, that is unless Chipcom carries a spare radiator, some hoses, water and antifreeze in his panniers.
I have to agree that just continuing on was probabyl the best thing to do unless maybe you know you could have actually done someting which seems unlikley in this cased. This and the other stories in this thread made me chuckle.

With the knowledge that almost everyone carries a cell phone I have a hard time stopping to help someone out anymore unless there are other circumstances like they are stuck in the middle of traffic or in the middle of nowhere. The last time I stopped to help someone it was a poor 16 yer old driving his uncle's car that died in one of the worst streets and he didn't kwow what to do. I helped him after driving around the block and parked and helped him push the car into the parking lot. Of course I had to direct traffic to stop so we could do it, but it was all fun. Ah, to be 16 again...j/k/ =)