View Single Post
Old 10-11-10, 04:13 PM
mlitke
Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Richard - agreed. After reading all the posts (and a number of other light related posts), I have started rethinking my original plan. Here is how my thought process has gone:
- initially, it seemed to me that LED flashlights, although not perfect make a very reasonable headlights, and spending _much_ more really does not get you very much, and AA type were better since finding rechargeables is easy and you can always use alkalines as a backup
- then... LED flashlights that use Li-ion batteries is a better choice since you do get much better lighting which makes it safer particularly at higher speeds
- then... the Magic Shine light is really the best bang for the buck right now, $90 seemed expensive at first until I started figuring in everything I would need with a flashlight solution (flashlight, mount, charger, batteries) it really does not seem any more expensive and based on all the rave reviews appears to be a much better light, especially if I need to go faster then 15mph on occasion

... so, thanks to all of you for helping me along the path to finding a light. Currently my plan is to go with the Magic Shine from GeoMan, which I am sure will start another discussion which may change my mind again

Thanks again to all those that have posted, your posts have been very helpful.