Old 05-13-05, 03:09 PM
jabowker

Bikes: Old Schwinn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Treespeed
Well I could understand if this was an arterial, but we are talking seriously residential streets, they are wide enough for on street parking, and two lanes of traffic. Yes, there are sidewalks, but there are very few cars parking on these streets, so in my opinion there is no problem with runners using the roadway.

On another note, I don't buy the asphalt hurts less than concrete argument at all. If you are a truck or a plane it might make a difference. But are you sincerely arguing that an average person is compressing the asphalt as they run? But hey, whatever works for some people. The main point is that the cyclist in question had more than enough room to manuever around the car and runner and instead he chose to be an inconsiderate jerk.

-Marcus.
I don't know if asphalt is enough softer to help knees if I were to try to run on it or not, but as you point out the issue here is the cyclist. This seems to be a good example of cycling behavior that does the community more harm than good and if caught he should be subject to a considerable repremand.