Old 10-18-10, 11:27 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Liked 2,525 Times in 1,055 Posts
My new De Rosa is prettier than bigbossman's

As some of you may know, I snatched a 1986 (probably) De Rosa Professional off of eBay some months back. It came with a great Campy 6-speed, double crank drivetrian which, for this Clydesdale, simply will not get it done. After some some delays due to acquiring needed parts (I decided to make this beaut a Campy 10-speed Record/Chorus machine ), taking off the old parts, touching up, building up and, of course, some delays due to sloth, here it is.

I ran these photos on C&V, and the ego-gratification string there is about played out, so I thought I'd repost the photos here. This will also give bigbossman another chance to give me guff for learning the hard way about Italian-threaded bottom brackets and what the drive-side cup does if you don't arc-weld it in place. I'm sure he'll be happy to illuminate the point and have another yuck at my expense. (It's okay - anything to build up his fragile ego.)

Not many miles yet, and no major climbs or descents, but so far the ride is at least as good as the appearance. The bike's appearance, that is, not mine. The bike rides much, much better than I look.

IMG_0631 by bikingshearer, on Flickr

IMG_0632 by bikingshearer, on Flickr

IMG_0636 by bikingshearer, on Flickr

IMG_0648 by bikingshearer, on Flickr

IMG_0639 by bikingshearer, on Flickr

IMG_0635 by bikingshearer, on Flickr

IMG_0646 by bikingshearer, on Flickr

IMG_0644 by bikingshearer, on Flickr