Old 10-19-10, 01:04 PM
myrridin
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pablosnazzy
this interests me a lot . i would think you have it backwards. why would you care if someone is careless with their own safety? how is that any of your concern or business? if i'm only endangering myself, what concern is it to anyone else? i take other's safety into consideration, and i try to not affect others with my actions. but i could care less what happens to me or what consequences i would suffer, and i couldn't care less if i die. my safety is of little to no concern to me, so why should you care? if you do something that could injure me, i'm concerned. if you do something that will only result in your possible death, i couldn't care less.

that is how i view things. i find it odd that people take such interest in the self destructive or potentially self harmful actions of others.

please please please don't take this as a personal attack or that i'm trying to pick a fight. i am genuinely and sincerely interested in why people think like this.
I think you misunderstood my post, or perhaps I wasn't clear. It is not so much that I care about people who have no regard for their own safety as I can't understand it, I don't. Doing something that puts others at risk is a result of some combination of stupidity, arrogance, lazyiness, etc... None of those qualities surprise me in people anymore. I just expect people would be more concerned with their own safety. I'm not talking risk taking behavior (extreme sports, bungee jumping, etc..), but simply stupid acts. For instance, a pretty significant portion of this trail is near pitch black with many blind corners. Walking the trail in dark clothing or riding it without lights are likely to cause collisions. If you don't care about the other parties, fine. But why put yourself at risk? One would presume that self preservation would outweigh stupidity, arrogance or sheer laziness, but I guess that is expecting too much.