Old 10-19-10, 11:34 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 2,511 Times in 1,049 Posts
Originally Posted by 531phile
What kind of stem you using? Looks medium lengthish something that I need right now. I have a long ass nitto technomic and I need to find one that isn't so long, but not too short either. Nice bike BTW.
It's the next Nitto model up from the Technomic (called the "Pearl," I think), 100mm extension. Rivendell has 'em in extensions from roughly 90mm to 120 or 130mm, which ought to cover you. You can also find 'em on eBay. It's riser is not quite as long as the Technomic, but it's still pretty darn long. Mine is at maximum height.

Originally Posted by JourneyLightly
Pretty bike. Did you have to cold-set the rear triangle to go from 6sp to 10sp? That's one nice thing about steel.
I had Steve Howard at Livermore Cyclery spread the rear triangle and check/fix all alignments - no way I'd try spreading the rear myself. Steve said it was already in pretty good alignment "for an Italian bike."

Originally Posted by Lanceoldstrong
"Baby, somebody better call God, cuz he's missing an angel"

This bike is that pretty.
Thanks. I'm not giving it back, either.

Originally Posted by MarkoPolo
Now girls, play nice.
Play nice? You're kidding, right?

Originally Posted by bigbossman
He started it......
Did not!