Old 10-25-10, 11:48 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked 661 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Winter is late this year in the CO mountains - and the rest of the state. But a big storm is making its way in from the west, Loveland and Arapahoe Basin ski areas are open as of today. I guess only the truly crazy will be bicycling in the mountains today.

Still no snow forecast for the Denver metro area. On storms like these from the west, we are in the "rain shadow" caused by the mountains to our west. We will get a few showers and a lot of fast, warm, downslope winds.

So, has winter come to your area yet?

Forecast:

Today: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 9am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. High near 29. Breezy, with a west wind between 14 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow. Cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -10. Breezy, with a west northwest wind between 18 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
I need a new fitness strategy for winter, and for the fact of my now full-time job with a long commute. So far we have more wind, but not much cold here in southeast Michigan. I'm thinking of trying to bike home from work (35 miles) up to twice a week, taking walks (30 minutes/day!) each other day. I can go out and walk in the winter, but probably not ride. I at least don't have my bags sorted out on the touring bike.