Old 10-25-10, 02:29 PM
Jtgyk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Red light runner

Yep...turned out to be me today.
I was riding back from my daughter's High School after dropping the car off in her parking space, and caught the red light (2 residential streets intersecting). This is one of the rare lights in my area that will actually change for a bicycle, and as I was doing my best imitation of a track stand...an SUV stops facing me across the intersection. The light hits yellow for the cross traffic (none in sight) I wait for the 2 beats it usually takes to turn and proceed.

The gentleman in the SUV (off duty police officer from his patch on the uniform sleeve?) says, "you know...you can't just run a red light like that."

...................................................then It finally dawns on me (facepalm) that it's almost 3 pm and there is a longish pause wherein the lights are red in all directions while pedestrian lights are lit.

I nod and mean to say, "you're absolutely right." but just the nod comes to the surface.

If you're a member of BF, Officer......"Mea Culpa. I don't make a practice of it."

My nice new Nashbar Touring Build AKA "The Flying Avocadooooooooo!"
1998(?) Trek 700 Multitrack
1995 Trek 1220 AKA "Jimi"
Older Non-suspension Specialized Hardrock