Old 10-28-10, 04:41 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I struggle with portion control - what fat person doesn't!!!! Eating out is tough so I try to limit the amount by doing the following:

1) I try and find someone who is willing to split the meal with me. That way at least I only get half (which is still usually too much). I've also told the waiter to split the meal in the kitchen for me and don't bring me the extra. They look at me weird but I explain its the only way I can try and control my weight.

2) I order a "to go" box with my meal. Meal comes, I immediately split it, dump it in the box and put the box aside. I am usually satisfied by the amount on my plate and bonus, lunch or dinner for the next day. This is especially good when you want to order several items in order to taste different things.

3) I do not order fast food "meals" even if cheaper. I limit myself to one item. If its a hamburger its just that, no frieds, etc.

4) I just don't eat out that much. I find myself eating home more often that way I can control portions and whats in the food since I have to limit salt and fats.

As far as sitting at a table vs a booth, who cares... do what is comfortable for you. At some point, that all will change.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.