Thread: Floor pumps ? ?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-10, 01:11 AM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
I think that your observation of that particular pump is not an example of all the pumps that are listed and also pumps like silica are not represented on amazon. On that one particular pump most of the 1 star rating are due to mis-labeled information on pump. I would give it a 1 star rating also since it appears that it is a 90 psi pump that is labeled as 120 psi.

There are pumps on there that have only 7 reviews and all are 5 stars.
I think don't think that there are problems with every floor pump. I think that it is an over generalization.

If you look at the previous threads (this is a very common thread about favorite floor pumps) on floor pumps you will see that many people have a good experience with many floor pumps. Many forum members have had good experience with various pumps. In the previous threads I have noticed that many people have many years of good experience with silica pumps.

I have had very good experience with my silica pista floor pump, I got it 27 years ago and only the chuck had to be replaced and maybe the hose in the future. I got this one because it is what we used in the shop that i worked at and I can get replacement parts for it.

I am looking at one of the Lezyne floor pumps for an extra pump, after examining it at the store it appears well made and well engineered. Probably a waste of $70 since my silica is still working.

I think that the best thing to do is examine as many floor pumps as you can and see which one you think is well made. I like the steel ones. Also see if rebuild parts are available.

Last edited by cyclist2000; 10-30-10 at 01:14 AM.