Old 10-31-10, 09:12 PM
BengeBoy 

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Ride report: Red Rock Canyon, Nevada (Las Vegas)

Have always wanted to carve some time out of a Las Vegas business trip to get some cycling in, and today I finally did it. Rode 3 hours in the rain in Seattle yesterday, then flew down into the sunshine today and picked up a rented bike (at McGhie's, which I saw recommended here on BF), and headed out to do the Red Rock Canyon Loop.

Some pics:

Headed out town, west on Flamingo Blvd. Bike is a Cannondale Synapse with Shimano 105 components ($40 for the day):

Just past the city limits now, headed out toward Red Rock Canyon. You can see a coupe of cyclists ahead of me -- lots of folks out doing the same route today.

View from the entrance to the 13-mile scenic loop; at this pint I am 10 miles from the bike shop, and (I think) about 1,000 feet elevation higher than where I started:

There is about a 5-mile, 1,000-foot climb after the entrance. Not too steep, just steady. This is looking back down toward the entrance:

Last edited by BengeBoy; 10-31-10 at 09:21 PM.