Old 11-02-10, 12:12 AM
BengeBoy 

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo Slim
Fun stuff. I've had so much trouble with bike fit (I finally have it down great), I would be afraid to rent a bike and try to get it right for a 40 mile ride. I do have all the measurements, so maybe I coulde make it happen.
You know, I worry about that kind of thing, too - but as I was riding I kept reflecting on how much fun it was just to jump on someone else's bike and go. It's amazing that if you're just motivated for fun you don't worry about stuff as much and you just jump on the bike and go. The reach was a little longer than I wanted it to be...didn't really like the angle of the handlebars...I probably could have raised the seat 1/16th of an inch...and the saddle wasn't to my liking. But it didn't really matter; I wasn't super comfortable toward the end of the ride, but I didn't feel beat up. I think maybe we're all pickier about our own stuff than a bike we borrow.