Old 05-17-05, 03:56 PM
skydive69

Bikes: Guru Geneo, Specialized Roubaix Pro, Guru chron 'alu, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by PenguinDeD
Out of curiosity, how fast does LT training usually start taking affect?

To give you an idea of my progress, there's a climb I do locally 2.2 miles 1000ft, somewhere around 9% grade. A month ago I could climb it but i'd have to stop midway. Then, two-three weeks ago I could climb it but would have to be in 39-26 and alternating between sitting down and standing. Today, I did it in 39-23 sitting the whole way.

Terry, my58vw, anyone who does LT training and climbing, does it sound like I'm on schedule?

Edit: Doh! I just realized this is the wrong forum! Mods, can ya do a penguin a favor and move it to training/nutrition?
Lactate threshold takes years to build - that's why cyclists reach peaks at such late stages of their careers. The average miler peaks at 27, and as you know the average cyclist pro peaks much later. VO2max pretty much reaches its peak after about a year of hard training, but it takes years of training to do the same with LT. LT is the limiting factor, because a high LT enables you to take advantage of a high V02max.