Old 11-04-10, 01:12 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Wilier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Co-Motion Robusta; Schwinn Paramount; Motobecane Phantom Cross; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Calfee Dragonfly Tandem

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
I used a standard...uh...not sure what it's called, it's one of those "clicky"...socket wrenches? It's not tiny, though it's not huge.

I'm not sure it's possible to tighten it anymore than it is - it's already snug in there, as far as I could get it with the wrench. I'll give it a try and see if I can tighten it more, but the pin just screws into the hitch mount part itself, there's no screw on the other side, not sure there's any way to apply more pressure to it than I already have...
I also don't think tightening down the bolts is necessarily going to solve your problem. My rack bolts into the reciever. However, due to some play between the size of the rack's tube, and the reciever hitch, the rack will still move up and down, pivoting on the bolts, even if it's cranked down very tightly.

So it's either Kegel exercises for the hitch, or one of those anti rattle deivces listed above.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.