Old 11-04-10, 01:46 PM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nedgoudy
some of you may remember me. i have a rhoades car, an ez-1 recumbent, a Trek City bike and now a folding Dahon 7 speed, suitable for the bus. LA County allows this vehicle INSIDE all
buses and trains regardless of locale within LA county.

i was the fellow who chased a woman to Germany and thought i would live there for life til she went "hyper-critical" and got cold feet about marrying me even though my monthlies and my assets were 4 times her own.

so, i returned to the US and am finding it tough sledding. I have repairs to my car before i can even SMOG it, then $100 to Arnold for
CA tags and i just do not see re-registering this car. It is 20 year old Honda, in decent shape otherwise... but... I am hanging out with some fairly understanding liberal folks and have a girl friend if you can call her that. i find women over 50 so damned confounding. But why should they hang with a poor man, even if he is educated with advanced degrees. I figure maybe this woman will still be my friend even if i out myself as CAR FREE. (euphemism for women's ears for
HOBO JOE! i am afraid...) I took her to Los Angeles for a great time on the Bus and Lightrail this weekend but somehow i just do not see this continuing. Even then i had to drive my car 20 miles to catch the
Lightrail from her front door.

anyone out there have a sustainable social life and getting what he-she needs in the way of love and affection, a life, a future... by being car free? I am afraid i am at the point of going over the edge
into complete and utter loserville, what say you?

any helpful hints besides the CAR FREE forum? Most of those
dudes are stud muffins about 24 with more energy and good looks
than money and i just turned 60 and still have not found a suitable woman for a life partner. (see Ned playing the world's smallest fiddle for himself.... ;o)

ned
Sheesh, ya livin man!!

There are peeps that would give a million dollars to have a free and spirited mindset like yours..

I am 70, and I will tell you this, at 60, I was free, single, kinda broke. Well, I am still kinda broke, but life took a big turn toward big fun at 60.. What I am telling you is, there is a whole wonderful new world out there past 60 years old. And you got the wisdom to enjoy it. That is something we didn't, or at least I didn't have in my younger years.. Sheesh, I am looking for upgrade in fun at 70!! ..

Keep that free spirit, don't turn into a stuff shirt, and don't be afraid to go for it,...