View Single Post
Old 11-04-10, 02:52 PM
Lamabb
Doesn't ride enough

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Caad9 5 / 2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker/ 2013 Orbea Orca Bli2 / 2011 Specialized Rock Hopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My sister is a 17 year old girl... when she has an hour between school and cheerleading practice, she drives 20 minutes to the mall, window shopped for 10 minutes with her friends, then drives 20 minutes back....... and here I am, only driving as little as possible, and riding everything else.

Once, my family was cooking for dinner guests. My mother realized she forgot onions at the supermarket and told my sister to pick some up. The market is exactly 1.4 miles away. I Said "Don't go, I'll go". a few minutes later I was back with the onions, probably faster than my sister would have been in a car, and they still asked me why I didn't drive.......

And the example I hate the most.... I'm only 20 years old, so lots of my friends are teenagers or in their early 20's. You have NO IDEA how many "joy rides" and unnecessary trips they take. This is also due to the fact that they feel entitled to drive and swipe a credit card at the gas station without even considering how much of their parent's hard work and effort they are absently throwing away.

most people my age are just conceded.