cyclinfool
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hermes
In general, We have about 50/50 ratio. I know several of the participants that attend the classes and they ride outside but many may not.
In the classes I attended late last winter after my shoulder healed enough to go to the class, the ratio was also about 50/50. The trainers we uses are like fixed gear bikes - no freewheel and a big flywheel. They make your pedaling form better. Like you I will cut back an the long aerobic workouts and work on core muscles, spin will help keep some level of aerobic fitness. Both of the instructors we have are not 20 somethings but more like 40 somethings, very thin and fit. One of them just has a way of getting your head in the routine, the other is like an aerobics instructor on a bike.

As you remember from last spring, preparing for Whiteface is my goal. Looseing about 20 lbs (1/3 is already gone), more core strength and better pedaling form. Right now it's getting the weight down, after that will be more conversion of fat to lean. This particular diet I am on is the first time I have seen my % body fat drop faster than my % weight loss (at least according to my scale which measures both and may be inaccurate).

I will work with the PT in a few weeks and switch my weight routine to one which compliments the ski season. Spin & weights during the week - skiing on the weekends, more fun than a 50+ guy should be allowed to have...