View Single Post
Old 11-14-10, 06:09 AM
glandreman

Bikes: Mostly vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, the tires are like-new. The have no dry-rot, cracking, etc. They hold air very well. They're "Schwinn Straight Side Sport Touring" tires.

The gentleman I purchased the bike from picked it up at an estate auction about a year ago so he didn't have any history with the bike. Whoever originally owned it must have stored it in-doors for the seats, tires, etc to have remained as nice as they are. I will be storing the bike indoors as well. We have a walk-out lower level so it makes it easy (no stairs to lug the 65 lb frame!)

Thanks for the info regarding the number on the head-badge. I didn't realize it had a number on it until I started looking at the pictures.

I believe the bike shop in Fairfield OH (where it was originally from) is still in business. I will give them a call to see if they still service these vintage bikes. They may still have some of the "old timers" from the original Schwinn franchise still around

I sincerely appreciate the information. Glad to see there are others out there that appreciate these great old bikes!

George, Maineville, OH