View Single Post
Old 05-19-05, 06:13 PM
skydive69

Bikes: Guru Geneo, Specialized Roubaix Pro, Guru chron 'alu, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Keith99
I keep hearing Lance Armstrong is the most tested athlete in the world when it comes to drug use. I have a good idea where this starts, the guys on OLN say it all the time. Frankly I doubt it, American Football has some pretty strict random testing rules for guys who have been caught and I'm sure many other sports are the same (e.g. once caught tested a lot).

But when I tried to look things up on the net about cycling in general and Lance specifically I found almost nothing. I've seen some very knowledgeable posts on this site and hope someone here actually has some hard facts.

BTW I'm not one of the Lance is using guys or the other side either. I'm fairly middle of the road. I'm inclined to think he is pushing the rules to the edge and using anything legal to get an advantage. I would not be surprised if he has stepped over the line, but I would be very surprised to find that any rule breaking when it comes to Lance is outside the norm for cycling.

So once again does anyone have any real information? The UCI rules about drug testing, esp. out of competition testing would be a whole lot more than I've seen so far.

Thanks in advance,

Keith
You must not have read his book (I can't remember which of the two), but the testers constantly were showing up at his house at odd hours and always unannounced. I wonder how many football players are visited often at their homes?