View Single Post
Old 11-17-10, 09:03 AM
BurnNotice
WNCrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I say if your fairly handy with the build procedure then go for it. I also built several road bikes up from the ground in my roadie days when I was riding all the time. I just this year built up my first mtn. bike and was worried that there would be a big difference. Thing is, it is really similar in nature. Disc brakes are easy too, just make sure when you set them up if they are hydraulics to not engage the levers without the plastic stops in place or on the the disc. If you do, resetting them can be a pain for the novice. I found out the hard way!

Other than that I would suggest getting a torque wrench/ratchet, this tool has been invaluable in builds especially if you want to torque to the correct nm. I bought mine at Nashbar which is exact same as that at Performance but cheaper and with a coupon I really saved.

Keep us posted with your decision and good luck. I think you will be fine to do final assembly and setup.

Here is the torque ratchet I refer too: http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...6_10000_200309

Last edited by BurnNotice; 11-17-10 at 09:07 AM.