Old 11-17-10, 03:06 PM
CptjohnC
Old, but not really wise

Bikes: 2010 Kona Dew Drop (the daily driver),'07 Specialized Roubaix (the sports car), '99 ish Kona NuNu MTB (the SUV), Schwinn High Plains (circa 1992?) (the beater)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mizike
The Kona Dew at $450 CAD
The Norco Indie 3 at $500 CAD

The bike guy tells me that they're essentially the same bike except the norco has disc brakes, which would be a plus in rainy Vancouver. The tires are also slightly fatter on the norco but he tells me the difference is barely noticeable.
I am definitely a fan of disc brakes, esp. in bad weather. I also like my Kona. Is there any possibility of finding a left over or demonstrator 2010 Dew Plus? it would have the disc brakes, with all the other advantages of the Dew. Unfortunately, the price difference for 2011 is absurd, so unless you can find a leftover, it won't work.

I had a Dew Plus before it was stolen, and it made a great commuter, as far as I was concerned. I replaced my stolen ride with a leftover Dew Drop which makes me very happy, and I got it for about 25% off of MSRP as a closeout earlier this fall. I also have an old road bike (12 speed, but higher end than your free spirit) and an old rigid mountain bike.