Old 11-17-10, 06:37 PM
BengeBoy 

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by custudent
Hello all! I am a student at the University of Colorado (USA). I am doing research on the topic of adventure travel vacations and I would love it if you could take a few minutes to fill out a survey for me. Thank you!

https://spreadsheets2.google.com/vie...tsMlE6MQ#gid=0
A couple of tips:

First, the University of Colorado is not in the USA. It's in the People's Republic of Boulder.

Second, a bunch of good questions in the survey, but as others have noted, it's hard to wrap your mind around question like "when did you take your first Adventure Travel vacation" if it's not clear what an Adventure Travel vacation is, and whether you mean with a tour company or any vacation that's on your own.

Maybe you could start by asking folks if they ever do any of the following while on vacation (cycle touring, kayaking, rock climbing, trekking, etc.), and then asking whether they do it alone or assisted.

Another tip - people don't like answering demographic questions (age, income). Save those for the last two questions of the survey.

Writing good surveys is hard!