Old 11-18-10, 01:17 AM
nautaflcl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey thanks alot you all, you all are the best.
However I have yet to take a close look at this bike, since right now i'm under alot of mess in order to get my school work done (college) and am trying to clear that before committing to this project.
I'm not sure how much the guy is willing to spend, apparently he went to a schwinn place and they told him it was possible. ? I dk, I have yet to look at it and see if it's already indexed and all that stuff.
I assume I will have to trial and error a little bit, I just want to make sure I look like I know what I'm doing, which I mean I do, but I dont since this is my first conversion. However I know my way around mechanics and I've analyzed the bikes I have fixed up and basically it'll just take some close analyzation of the components and all of that.
When you get an Sti shifter, and say it's like....7 speed or 6 or something, it can only work on seven speed cassettes (or six) right? You can't go switching that around right?
I mean, i know you can switch the rings out to match the shifters, but i want to try and keep the rings it may have already.
Also does it matter if it's cassette or freewheel? I wouldn't think it would..
That's all that comes to mind for now. I'll try and get to it asap, thanks alot you all.

P.s. Oh yeah, how would I go about spacing the back? what is that for again?
The spacing I mean, why do I need to space it? What will I be adding that will make it need more space for the wheel?