Old 11-18-10, 07:41 PM
due ruote 

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 320 Posts
Originally Posted by gaucho777
I was just in a shoe repair shop yesterday to get a quote to re-cover vintage Rolls and Flite saddles, both of which are in pretty bad shape. The guy quotes me $60 each and I talk him down to $50. I ask how much for just the leather and he quotes $45 each for just the leather. Huh? Whatever. I'll look elsewhere. But that's not the part that annoys me. As I turn toward the door, this woman standing next to me says to everyone within earshot, "Geez, what's wrong with you. Just buy a new bike seat!" and then proceeds to start laughing mockingly to the room. I look down and of course she's there to have some cheap shoes repaired, so I say, "There's nothing wrong with me, lady. Why don't you buy a new pair of shoes?"
Well done. That's the sort of comment I usually think to make when I'm a block away.

What do you think your labor/materials would be in the end? A new Concor is under $100.
Of course you make a valid point, but I enjoy projects.

Chombi, you're right about the Concor profile being perhaps a challenging beginner's project, but it happens to be what I like and what I have that needs a re-cover. As it is, I'm still riding it with the back end pretty worn out, and it may take me a while to work up the nerve to rip the rest of the cover off.