genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Doohickie
There are two notable (bad) examples here in Fort Worth. The thing that makes them bad is that they are *not* set up where you're supposed to yield to traffic already in the circle. Instead, priority is given to the major traffic flow directions (for instance, at one of them, traffic on the circle must yield to traffic entering the circle from the north and south).

They re-did a six-way intersection recently. The original plan called for a traffic circle, but they backed away from that and have a normal light-controlled intersection that is very confusing (which lane should I be in to turn "kind of" left?) and takes forever to cycle.

When I've traveled to England, I enjoyed the roundabouts. I can't imagine them working in the U.S. though- drivers are too st00pid to begin with, and now they're always texting and stuff.
The Weatherford traffic circle has always given me fits. You have to know where your exit is well before hand so you can squeeze your way in. On the other hand I always thought the Bluebonnet circle was cool.