Old 11-23-10, 12:09 PM
mastre

Bikes: 2009 CAAD9-5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Horrible Hundred

I did the 70 mile route of the 2010 Horrible Hundred this weekend, wondering if others here have done it too? They said there would be 3000 wheels, surely some of them are on here as well.

To say that it was hard is a huge understatement. I live in south FLA and have no hills practice short of overpasses, I burnt out my legs 50 miles in, right at the foot of Sugarloaf Mountain, which I had to get off the bike on. Last 19 miles were pretty much limp mode, but I made it! Next year, better training, better pacing, better gearing (I have a standard with a 12-26, not what you want apparently! ). I'm also preparing a 2-part writeup documenting my experience, hope to have the first part ready tonight.

I would love to hear from the others who were there, if you did the 35, 70 or 100 miles. Hope you all had a great time in the hills of Florida!

Here's in remembrance of Lake County triathelte Harry Nickell, who was struck and killed by a vehicle as he was riding to the start of the race. R.I.P. Harry! My condolences to your family and loved ones.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fit...emembered.html

Stay safe!