View Single Post
Old 11-24-10, 11:03 AM
AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought the Canon S90. My DSLR is just way too heavy. In most conditions the S90 shoots nice photos, although I haven't gone past testing so I have no real photos to share. I literally had it for few weeks.

And RAW is the way to go if you want to get the best image spossible. One of the reasons I got this camera is because is shoots RAW. Regardless of the sensor size RAW format allows for image control and post-editing that is simply impossible with a bitmapped images like TIF or JPG. Saying that RAW doesn't give any benefits over bitmapped image shows lack of understanding of what RAW format is: RAW is not an image, it's pure matrix data as captured by the sensor without ANY changes to it done by the camera electronics. Once the camera electronics process that raw data to convert it to TIF or JPG information gets permanently thrown away. Editing RAW data is almost like making changes on the camera before shooting the photo. RAW data also has wider dynamic range and gamut than a postprocessed image so it allows for greater recovery of overexposed pictures without messing up shadows and midtones.