folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody

Happy birthday, folder fanatic!
Thank you for remembering. While my family still has not remembered for some reason (perhaps as we are all past 50 here now and birthdays signify too much the passing of the years-I am beginning to understand that feeling now), my 80+ year old mother finally remembered. I decided not to rub it in with them if that is the case.

Originally Posted by cyclokitty
We've had slimmed down Christmases quite a bit over the years and I like it much, much more. I don't have many gifts to give and my budget is tight, resulting in many homemade gifts of food and knitted things. I'll look for neat things like interesting change purses for my best friend or a reusable hot drink cuff for the coffee freak in my life. But I won't necessarily be buying anyone a big ticket item -- although if I can, I will contribute to a special group gift.

Decorating is way more fun when I make ornaments or making a wreath out of collected plastic bags and a metal hanger. If you still can, collect pine cones and make a table centre piece. This year I'm filling a clear milk bottle with red and green marbles and sticking silk (or at least silk like) flowers into the marble filled vase. Oh yeh -- the cat will need to put much more effort into knocking it over, compared to my lovely vase filled with layers of red and green jello with silk like flowers!

Baking is by far my favourite part of Christmas! Not only eating the goodies but sharing the treats is even better. Last year I gave the staff at my local postal station a large box of chocolate chip cookies and they thanked me with a lovely note tucked in my post box. I'm making shortbread cookies for them as well this year.
I have been resorting to more likely sewing many products over the years for gift giving-especially for limits of smaller amounts of money as in workplace parties. I find that using a bit of remnant fabric goes a long way.

Originally Posted by poormanbiking
The simplest holiday I know of is having it without family, no drama ! Teleconference a few greetings from a warm beach some where.
My sister's favorite way of dealing with the Holiday season-traveling afar.

Last edited by folder fanatic; 11-27-10 at 09:59 PM.