View Single Post
Old 11-30-10, 09:04 PM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by slide23
Are you talking about old BeBops or after VPOne bought the company? I have heard that the original system had quite a few bugaboos. I have only used the VPOne version of the pedals. I get about 5000 miles out of my left cleat and 8000 out of the right (usually put my left foot down). I'm still on my original pedals and about to break 15,000 miles for the year; still going strong.

If I didn't need the float, I would be all over Crank Brothers, though.
While I love the float, solid connection, and low release force that goes with that tenacious connection Bebop cleat life worries me.

I picked up a used set of VPOne Bebops which were alleged to have under 500 miles on pedals and cleats, and wore out the left cleat with 2000 of my own miles.

I average getting in and out on the left side more than once a mile (most of the mileage is on my 12 mile commute with 10 stop signs and 24 traffic lights of which only one is a right turn and about 10 were red the ride I counted) so your mileage may vary.