Old 12-06-10, 06:29 PM
Philasteve

Bikes: Surly CreamRoller. 98 Giant Rincon. SE UVT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Yeah guys I emailed surly and they said this back. "Hi,
I’m not exactly sure why those tires wouldn’t fit on the rim we spec on the Steamroller. Can you explain in a bit more detail regarding what is going on and why the tires won’t fit? Perhaps you should have your local shop take a look at the tires and rims to see if they can make them work.
A lot of us run 35’s or 38’s on our Steamrollers with similar to stock rims without any problems. We have also used a wide variety of these large volume tires, perhaps it is something specific to these Bontrager tires, but I’m not very familiar with them.
Best regards,
Johnny". Its my fault for not asking for a tire with a 14 mm bead width iim gonna go back to my shop and tell them thats what I need. I just hate how they hang there tires on the ceiling so i have to keep making them reach up with this huge pole to take them down when looking at a tire/tread on it. And I get the same guy everytime who after i say i want a 32c all terrain tire with a little tread always trys to sell my something else directly after i say that he pulls down a 32c slick hardcase tire thats like $50. Aggrivating but maybe ill go return them get my $70 back and go to bells bikes. Guys employees aren't the most bike savvy ppl.