Old 12-06-10, 11:11 PM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Forknroad
Apples and oranges. A gun is intended to do harm, while a car can as well, it's not it's intended or sole purpose.
You make closed minded statements and then tell me to open my mind (strawman).

Unintentionally killing someone with a gun is no different than unintentionally killing someone with a car. They both occur because someone improperly used a tool.

And it is not punishment by taking away the tools that were improperly used, it is protecting the rest of society. A CBS or NBC news magazine a long time ago ran a story about deadly drivers. They asked one older woman if she would finally give up her drivers license after she had killed her THIRD pedestrian. Her answer was 'Oh no, I would just die if I could not drive anymore'.

Spend some more time reading about these deadly drivers that have killed cyclist. Almost all of them claim remorse in front of the judge but show little outside the courtroom. One women joined in on joking about her killing a cyclist being a public service. The thread currently running on the 20 year old that killed a homeless cyclist shows no remorse to a news crew as she drives away. And on and on with these types of people.

At least people that do unintentionally kill someone with a gun feel remorse and willingly give up their guns. Killer motorist should learn that lesson.