Old 12-09-10, 11:34 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Funny....I was about to update my twitter and facebook statuses to acknowledge that I am starting to miss that familiar Mastik One buzz. Thanks to some banter earlier this cross season I euphemistically refer to it as "pink elephant time".

Tubulars can be glued - very easily - as long as you pay attention to WTF you are doing.

If you aren't a patient person, if you're the kind of person that doesn't really have attention to detail or patience then skip them. If you aren't willing to glue your own tubulars then DON'T ride them. Not saying you can't have others glue them for you just that you should be able to glue your own. If you are unable to do that then don't ride them unless you are OK with the idea of hitting the ground and never holding any else responsible. In other words man up or go clincher.

Tubulars are nice. Supple. Different.

Clinchers today - there's little to no difference unless you are a discerning rider. Everyone is different and people will have their favorites.

My $0.02 - when it comes to carbon - tubular setups are just much lighter and less complicated. As a result I tend to feel like they are better made.

So....where was this going?

between tires I would throw out that Vittoria Corsa EVO CX II 320 tpi and Veloflex are the 2 in play. Everything else is a training tire or just not there.