Old 12-12-10, 06:15 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
So Barrett and Six Jours, please chill. Threads take on a life of their own, and can diverge from the topic. I still want to learn more of what I asked originally, and have always had respect for both of your viewpoints, insights and opinions.

Barrett, thanks for the reference to Adam at Gaspipe. It's good to know about him, but I'm not sure driving to Chicago (250 mi one way) is the best solution. I will speak to him and see what I can learn. Six Jours, it's good to have your reinforcement that body positioning is essential whatever set of contact point locations is determined and how they're implemented.

As someone said, engaging a fitter for more than one session can be a really good thing, since contact location needs can evolve as the rider rides more. Plus, who really only needs one bike to remain set up in proper position?

Homeyba indicated there are some fitting philosophies he prefers, and have presumably been successful for him in his history of long riding. As an aspiring long distance rider, I want to know what the good riders know. Last year I went from a few 20 to 40 milers to a handful of metrics and part of a long tour. This year I plan to do much more, with some metrics and centuries as part of training for a 6-day tour, essentially 6 metrics on 6 consecutive days. Maybe the autumn will bring a 200k first brevet. I got a lot of saddle time coming up.

Last edited by Road Fan; 12-12-10 at 06:20 PM.