View Single Post
Old 12-12-10, 08:24 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Foxwear Jacket is a winner!

Used the jacket on 3 rides in the last two days so I think it's time to give my initial impressions. First off, it fits well and is very comfortable. Gave Lou my measurements and then trusted to his experience.

Ok yesterday morning it was around 20 degrees. Main roads were wet and slushy from salt melt and the sun. Wore a lightweight coolmax shirt, lightweight fleece pullover and the Foxwear jacket. I was actually a bit too warm. The jacket even kept my chest warm when I encountered a stiff breeze on part of the ride. No fenders (there are now) on the bike so lots of spray all over me. My otherwise warm Pearl Izumi tights soaked through in the seat and back of the legs but no moisture made it through the jacket. When I finished the jacket was covered with beads of water and mud. A quick shake and the jacket was as clean as new, awesome. Went back out later with temps around 35 and replaced the midlayer fleece with another lightweight coolmax shirt. I was perfectly comfortable. Today I did over 26 miles with temps in the mid 40s wearing just the jacket with a short sleeve coolmax shirt. I was quite comfortable to warm the whole ride with no sweat build up. Even though I set a PR for this ride at an average speed of a tad over 2 mph which is hustling for me.

I must admit I was skeptical about the wind cutting ability of a soft shell jacket. Needless to say, I am not skeptical anymore.

While deciding what to order I spent about a week emailing back and forth with Lou on my needs. He was very responsive and patient with me. Once I ordered the jacket was made and delivered well within two weeks. Won't hesitate to go this route again.