Noobtastic
Six feet please

Bikes: Specialized rockhopper, Ross gran tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My seatpost is seriously stuck

I think I'm done with working on my ross gran tour road bike. The wheels/tires/tubes/chain are new, the brakes work well, all bearings have been cleaned and regreased. The frame is a heavy as my mtb so I converted it to SS.

The seatpost is the only thing that gets to me; it seems to be stuck in position due to a combination of no grease, rust, and spraypaint. Its stuck about 6 inches lower than I'd prefer to have it. I've ridden 50 miles on this bike a few months ago and within about 30 miles I could really feel the pressure on my groin. I rode about 20 miles on my friend's road bike and I noticed that I have much better control with a higher seatpost (can pedal far with no hands) and I felt very comfortable in jeans (as opposed to my bike in bike shorts).

I want to ride another half century on x-mas eve and I really want to feel comfortable on my saddle; last time I rode the distance I was so tired because I tried to ride standing up as much as possible. I've sprayed lots of penetrating oil inside the seattube, pulled on the seat as a friend held the frame, and ridden miles with the seattube bolt loose but the seatpost has not moved an inch. Does anyone have a suggestion?