Old 05-25-05, 09:01 PM
Road Runner

Bikes: Treks 1000, 7600, 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What would be your "Best" Century ride?

Being that I live in one of the best places on earth(IMO) to ride, and our club is just getting started, I need help from anyone who rides Centurys and Charity rides. When we design a ride, some of us try to make the ride the very most difficult ride possible. I think that we should have a course that will allow one to live, and ride again. We have Lookout mt. to travel up and down, and the valley can be challenging and undulating. We have country roads that will match any cobble stone section of any race, and unguarded wooden, one lane bridges, that can be ridden, although some may wish to carry their bikes across(40 ft.). What makes a "good" ride for most people? I think our 30mi. should be very enjoyable, and easy, 62mi. some what challenging, and the 100mi., something that people enjoy, can tell others about, test their abilitys, to a limit. All routes should be unique, safe (most important) to riders and bikes. What things do riders like and dislike in a ride? (DID NOT KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS, HELP) Thanks for any replys.