Old 12-27-10, 11:36 PM
redxj
N+1

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I just now saw this thread. Contact me by PM or email about A2 polo. We have been playing since 07' and anyone is welcome. I have a golf bag with mallets for anyone to use. We play every Sunday no matter the weather @4pm. When it is nice we play outside on the paved area of Palmer Field. When it isn't and during the winter with play in the thunderdrome (pm or email for directions). We often play during the week one night as well, but no formal day at the moment.

And, as for the bikes to polo there are kind of two schools of thought. A beater bike that is cheap and you don't give a **** about. Or a dedicated polo bike that can take a beating. I was of the first school of thought and built a polo bike completely out of parts bin parts. It served me well for a few years, but then this summer we traveled to some tournaments and I knew I needed something quicker and more robust. So I built a new bike that can take the abuse that I put it through. Most of us that play in a2 have a dedicated polo bike that is just for polo or sometimes doubles as the winter beater. If something does break it is good as a number of our players (including me) are bike mechanics so we can often fix the usual problems (tires, tubes, wheels, and spokes).

When we started almost everyone was fixed. Now most of us are single speed with only a few fixed hold outs. Single speed with low gears and a good brake(s) with a lever on your non-shooting hand are what make the best polo bikes.