Old 05-29-05, 07:07 PM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have never been super overweight but at 6'6", 255 is a little much (I should be about 200 pounds). When I was younger (i.e. 16) I would eat anything I wanted too, and the weight got packed on. I never knew at that point that I had a problem that along with not being able to smell, messed with my metabolism (amoung with other things related to being a guy). In 1 year working in a fast food resturant I gained 60 pounds.

Over the next years (until about 21 years old) I just said that was my weight, but I would be embarassed to go swimming at a friends house, etc. In 2000 I first found out I had a problem but before that I had been better about diet, but their weight would not come off, no physical activity. My lack of strength detoured me from playing sports, etc so I never did, I just hid in the library.

When I started cycling the weight started comming off, now I am 222 and I need to lose another 20 pounds. I never felt out of shape then but now I really relize how bad I was at the time. What bothers me is that people say, wow you are 225, you are huge, lose weight. I already have lost 35 approx pounds in a little over 6 months and the weight keeps on coming off... even between my first and last race, 4 months ago I look amazingly different.

You can not control genetics but you can control yourself. No one chooses to be fat, but you can take ignititive to get less fat...