View Single Post
Old 01-15-11, 10:00 AM
stanridgespeed 

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey everyone. Thanks for all the comments. I agree with what everyone has said. It is a ridiculous bike that has been hanging around in my brain for the last 6 months. @evil you're right. I'm a frame builder. @ingle this exercise was just that an exploration of form and the use of a BB30 crank in a steel application. @Cap you're right bud it does not make sense! I totally agree I was pushing my boundaries as a builder and working with geometry. @Ingle I used a nova DT for the seat tube after a study of the internal butt sections. You're right there is nothing currently available as a ST with the specs you see on my bike. The killer part is my solution for the binder mechanism on a round 27.2 seattube I brazed internally to the top of the aero tube. Notice you cant see a binder bolt? I have an access on the non-drive side to keep the drive side clean. This is the binder.. i was in the shower one morning and thought of this.. laugh.. it's funny when the stuff is visualized. I caped the top and cut a 28mm hole after capping.

binder highstreet by stanridgespeed bicycles, on Flickr