Old 01-15-11, 04:56 PM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 1,860 Times in 1,061 Posts
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/bik/2161794346.html

1990 Centurion Momentum (Diamondback) - - $180 (Lowell)

Date: 2011-01-15, 11:17AM EST
Reply to: sale-wn6ph-2161794346@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1990 Centurion Momentum (Diamondback), 14 speed, 22" frame. I received this bike partially disassembled, and added the following parts to make it road worthy totaling close to $100:

Front disc fork
Front wheel and tire
Front and rear tubes
Foam handlebar grips

There is some damage to the stickers on the top tube and down tube from the bike being leaned on hard surfaces. Paint overall is in good condition (a few dings here and there), but there is some rust around the edges of the bottom bracket lugs. Chain has been soaked, cleaned, and lubed. The entire bike has been scrubbed and polished to its present state. Shifting and ride are super smooth, and if the bike wasn't so tall I'd actually keep it for myself, but at 5'8" its not exactly a good fit.

Bike has Rear Brake Only! I didn't have a caliper on hand that fit with this fork. Caliper needs brake pads to be 2 3/4"-3" below the center of the caliper mounting bolt.

For an older model this bike is very light (25lbs), and will make an excellent road bike, commuter, or fixie. A new paint job, or detailing of the frame lugs would really make the lugged frame stand out. The addition of a newer/modern rear tire and wheel with cassette would further lighten the bike, and bring it a bit more up to date.

1990 Centurion Momentum (Diamondback) Specs:

Avenir Equipped
Tange Infinity CrMo tubing (Tange tubesets are high-quality double butted CrMo steel)
Lugged frame (approximately 5lbs)
Shimano Exage 300EX: shifters, crank, derailleurs, rear brake caliper
22"/55cm frame
700cX23 wheels/tires
14 speed
-Front Matrix iSO 3 wheel w/Michelin Megamium 2 tire, and Shimano 105 hub
-Rear original Araya rim with Heng Shin tire
Centurion drop bars w/new foam padding/grips
Alloy stem
New disc ready CrMo fork

Centurion was a brand of bicycles created in 1969 by Mitchell (Mitch) M. Weiner and Junya (Cozy) Yamakoshi,[1] who co-founded Western States Import Co. (WSI) in Canoga Park, California (initially Wil-Go Imports) to design, specify, distribute and market the bicycles. The bikes themselves were manufactured initially in Japan by companies including H. Tano Company of Kobe and later in Taiwan by companies including Merida. The Centurion brand was consolidated with WSI's mountain bike brand Diamond Back in 1990. WSI went out of business in 2000.

$180

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2161794346