View Single Post
Old 01-17-11, 03:47 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Incoherentfool
The buyer just drove away $4000 poorer and in possession of a machine I hope to never own again. I actually feel sorry for him! But his loss is my gain I suppose. Now my sights are set on a Big Dummy and a whole world of bike adventures await!

I've been car-light for the last six months or so, only using my car for heavy hauls or long trips maybe once or twice a month, and those can be done with a Big Dummy or a rental car. I also have a BOB trailer that I use for grocery runs. In November I realized that with a little bit of effort I could go all out and be completely car-free, so I resolved to sell the car. Today I finally did it. Yay for me!
I think this forum is creating more carfree individuals than any website on the net. Almost every month we have a "Sold my Car" thread so the message is getting out. I see searches on Google directing people to this site all the time on the carfree movement which is good news.

I'm sure GM is not happy with what is going on here and you can see they sponsor this forum with the hope of getting us to buy their overpriced electric Volt. The beauty of being carfree is that we no longer need a combustion or electric engine for our daily needs.